Thursday, May 1, 2008

One Life Revolution

So yeah, I went for the One Life Revolution exhibition today at The Spring. It was totally unexpected and it's definitely an unforgettable experience.

One Life Revolution is an exhibition to promote AIDS awareness. It's mainly on children who are victims of AIDS and child trafficking. It was so overwhelming. I went through it whole heartedly and it was totally an eye opener. It made me feel grateful for my life now....unlike those kids whose parents died because of AIDS and their siblings being infected as well and having to be burdened to look for money to care for them. They actually have to pick up garbage by the streets and they are being threatened because lorry drivers often leer at them...demanding sex. Having to put myself in their situation and listening to their story.....I almost cried. It was so sad. I mean...me, being a teenager, I love to go out and have fun with friends but this teenager?? She has to worry constantly for her family. It makes me feel as though I've been selfish and self-centered....and really, I'm so grateful!

I really encourage all of you to go for this event. I can guarantee you that it'll be a life changing moment. It makes you think and ponder.....and also be more grateful of your current situation. Tell everyone about this event. Personally, I wana bring my youth members for this as I think they should go and support. I want them to be informed! After all, it is considered a Christian event.


I bought the T-shirt too! Totally love it. They sell flip flops as well. And... oh! They give a free bracelet too!!! Sort of like a reminder bout this AIDS thing. Oh yeah!! At the end they'll give you a chop. Signifying whether you are HIV -ve or +ve. Hehe.... I'll post up pics of how the bracelet and the T-shirt looks like...Hehe.... Till then, ciao! I've got band practice tomorrow~~~

No comments: