Monday, May 5, 2008

A message.

I have a friend who just confessed to me that she is lesbian. And as a friend I know that I should give her my honest opinion to help her. But all I said was "oh...okay." All I did was pretend that I was okay with it. I don't feel right.... Then again, I'm the kind of person who likes to think things through and not end up saying the wrong things. I asked for my sibling's opinions and they said that I should be saying my honest opinions, that I'm not okay with it but still accept her as a friend. They did give me an idea on what to say to her and I told them I'll call her. But....till now, I haven't. It's so hard yet, I know I have to do it. Cos.....to not say it, then....I'm not being a friend. To pretend it didn't happen......I'm not helping. My hands are in a pile of blood. And to not address what is wrong, I am accountable to God. And to think that my relationship with God is kinda shaky at this point. But I know I really need Him to guide me at this. And this really made me turn back to Him even more. And I do not want to go against Him....His commands.

So my dear friend, what I really want to say is this. You are my friend and always will be. That will never change. You being a lesbian, I cannot accept that because it is against my principles in life. It is wrong. You know that....you know what the Lord said about that. I know you have strayed but....turn back to Him. Stop what you are doing! Please.....I don't want to see you damage yourself.

The truth, is hard to tell. And the truth hurts. But....no pain, no gain... aight? I'm not here to tell people what they want to hear. I'm suppose to be telling them things that can help them. But it's so hard for me to do. Is it because I'm scared they'll hate me? Yes, I think that is why. God did say that the world will hate me. Then....I should do this. I have to. For my friend. To bring her back.

No comments: