Sunday, June 22, 2008

Voted Most Stylish

Voted most stylish by E! is......me!!! No lah. Hehe. It's actually Audrey Hepburn.


The beautiful, classy and elegant Audrey Hepburn.


I was watching E! Channel the other day. Yesterday to be exact when my driving instructor didn't show up. It was the Top 25 Most Stylish Celebrities. I must say, Audrey Hepburn is indeed a very stylish woman and very beautiful too.


I was quite surprised that E! voted someone from the 50s but it was a very good choice. In my opinion, Audrey Hepburn is by far better than Marilyn Monroe. Audrey's original while Marilyn's not. Marilyn Monroe is not even her real name and I heard (not too sure whether its true) that Marilyn did some plastic surgery. Audrey is pictured as elegant and poised while Marilyn is always a sex symbol. I think being called poised and elegant more is respectful than being a sex symbol. Being a sex symbol is very demeaning and lacks dignity. And forgettable.


I used to admire Marilyn Monroe with her blonde hair and red lipstick look (which explains why I wanted to cut my hair short last year, I had a craze for that vintage look and I still have that craze) but after getting to know of Audrey Hepburn, I'm more impressed with Audrey than Marilyn. After hearing the life story of Marilyn, all the more I got disgusted. Marilyn's life is indeed a tragic one and nothing happy and not one that you would wish to live.


Anyway, back to Audrey Hepburn. Her style has indeed influenced what women wear from her days till now. She is the pioneer of fashion and she has set a trademark for herself. Really, seeing her pictures, her style is not very different from what we wear today. Except for minor differences....perhaps the style now is more....what I call...edgier.


Well, she has a website, where you can see all her pictures and read her biography. An interesting lady she is. She has a heart for children and a dedicated mother. Sighs.... Beautiful, classy, elegant AND kind hearted. Definitely one of the people that I admire. And definitely someone that everyone wants to be.


Wish Kuching had thrift stores. Well, probably after I'm able to drive legally, I'll go around Kuching to look for one. Be it the Salvation Army 2nd hand shop.....by hook or by crook, I must find some place where I can find cheap clothes. Like......RM2 cheap.


More pictures of Audrey Hepburn......


A scene from "Breakfast at Tiffany's".




Kinda look like Paris Hilton with the squared jaw.





A timeless beauty.





She looks so cute!





Fashion icon.






Now.....where's my little black dress?



No comments: