Monday, July 7, 2008

Controversial, I think

Well, I suppose this post can be offensive but it's my blog so I can blog about things that I want to say and my opinions.


For my birthday, as afore mentioned, I'd like it simple, low-costing and meaningful. What made me decide it to be meaningful? I was always watching My Super Sweet 16. I watch it not to see how cool their party is, I watch to see how pathetic and selfish rich and spoiled kids can be. I usually laugh at them. It's true that common folk like me can't afford all those lavish things that they have. But I often wonder... out of the all the crowds that attend his/her party, how many of them do him/her actually know? How many of them actually went through thick and thin together? How many of them actually know him/her well? I'm sure it's only a handful, if not none. For I suppose most of them would go for the so-called 'fun' and enjoy the bits and pieces that the rich kid has to offer.


So, what's the point of the party when at the end of the day it's all for nothing. You spend a whole lot of money which could have been used for a better purpose i.e. for charity. I'd like to call it sinful spending. I think doing good with all that money has more of a sense of fulfillment than doing a party. I've no idea what's the purpose of MTV showing My Super Sweet 16. Perhaps to show the ugly side of the rich and famous or perhaps it provides a 'battle field' among the rich kids to show who's hot and rich. I don't know but it does seem like it. Sinful, sinful....


I remembered my sister telling me that she would want to bring me for clubbing during my 18th birthday. I tell you, I was so uncomfortable with the suggestion. Seriously, I don't want to be seen in a club. It's beneath me. Not beyond, but beneath. And I don't like places with crowds (I realized that during the Chad Blondel concert), I don't like rowdy people, I don't like meeting drunk people and most of all......I detest meeting under-aged clubbers. So spoiling my birthday with clubbing is not an option. Someday I'd like to try and see how it is but not on my birthday, please.


I'd like to go to a place where I can have some alcoholic drinks, some finger food, friends to chat the night away with and a live band to watch. That's the ideal night life for me. Laid back, peaceful, meaningful. I'd pay for that.


Rainforest World Music Festival coming soon.... I'm not going of course. Everyone's talking about and am getting sick of it. I've been to it. Way before everybody wants to go for it. Back then, people go there to enjoy music, learn about music, appreciate music.....of course got dance lah. I actually joined the workshops which are almost the same every year. As a real musician and a real music enthusiast, I got a lot out of it. But now? People go there just to dance, to get wasted and guys go there to flirt with girls and girls go flirt with guys. And everyone wants to go there.... Now I just think of it as a waste of money.

No comments: