Thursday, October 8, 2009

Beauty Is Skin Deep

Okay...let's review my desires in life. =)

1. Trusting God.....check and un-check. Cos at times I do, at times I doubt Him.

2. Be active in Extra Curricular Activities.......un-check. I haven't found a club I'm interested to join.

3. Drive.....check.

4. Meet new friends.....check.

5. Get a scholarship.....un-check. Yet to apply for one.

6. Obtain HDs for all subjects. Un-check....but I got good grades. =D

7. Get a boyfriend?...........check. =)


Being a girl, I like makeup. And I enjoy putting on makeup actually. However, I don't use it to campus. I don't see why I should since I think I look much more beautiful without it on. Anyway, I haven't got the time to put it on. And no, I am NOT willing to wake up early just for that. I am not a slave to beauty. Beauty serves me. Sides, I just use makeup cos I love colours. I put it on as art. Not to give myself the illusion that I am more beautiful putting it on. Of course, I use a little bit of lip balm when I look pale but I don't use any other makeup apart from that. Is lip balm even considered a makeup anyway??


What makes a woman beautiful? Even one of the top makeup artist, Bobbi Brown says that you don't need excessive makeup to look beautiful. And I can honestly tell you that all that makeup can't make you beautiful too. Eat right and being happy is the key to beautiful skin actually. All that Botox is not really helping in reducing wrinkles. Hey, I've seen some of my customers when I worked at a cafe early this year. They work at a nearby beauty parlour and some of them, obviously had a face lift...probably used Botox injections. Some of them, their lips were huge! Obviously not their real feature.... They had eyelash extensions and all that. (which made them look like they have camel eyes.) And some did not have very nice skin and tried putting on a lot of makeup to cover it up. But it didn't work.... All of that was not a pretty sight. (Well, some of them looked extraordinarily beautiful!)


I've had guy friends randomly tell me that they prefer girls without makeup on. (Well, they were looking at this girl who uses heavy makeup to campus.) And I've known these guys long enough to tell you that they are sincere and nice guys. Gentlemen too. And who says gentlemen have extincted? They're just right in front of you! It's just a matter of whether they think you're a decent girl to be with or not. =) And one of those guys happen to by my boyfriend. Consider myself blessed. =) You will also know a guy's a nice guy when they find girls who wear shorts repulsive. Just general...you can try and verify it to see if it works. =P


Anyway, girls...you're beautiful just the way you are. You don't have to wear all that makeup and wear shorts just to get a guy to notice you. Trust me on this. If a guy can love you when you're covered up, he truly does love you for who you are and not what you wear. To get a decent guy, be decent. That's all you need. And it IS worth it to be decent. And yes, I am a happy girl who so happens to have a guy like this. =)


I wana end with this cool verse I found in the Bible about a wife of noble character. Read on. =)

The Wife Of Noble Character

A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her women servants. She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet. She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple. Her husband is respected at the city gate; where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.


Proverbs 31: 10-31

No comments: