Monday, July 20, 2009

Love Our Neighbour

It's the time of the year again. The time where almost all churches in Malaysia will be praying and fasting for our nation. Yup. It's the annual 40 Days Fast and Prayer season! And this year, I want to take it seriously.


It starts on 22nd July until 30 August, a day before our National Day.


Love Our Neighbour


In case you don't know, this 40 Days Fast and Prayer is organized by the National Evangelical Christian Fellowship (NECF). To know about the history of it's formation, click here.


I love the Christian way of fasting. We don't fast cos of rituals. Except Catholics who fast on Fridays for I don't know why. Anyway, we fast for a purpose and we use the fasting time to pray for something that burdens us. In other words, the time we spend to eat will be used to pray. But fasting isn't confined to food only. Fasting is actually giving up something you LOVE to do so that you can pray for important stuff.


For me, I need to eat cos I'm skinny. I'm really scared of becoming underweight. And so, I thought of another thing to fast. I'm thinking of going on a Facebook fast. Yeah...something that I love to do. But I should go on a full Internet fast. As in, no Facebook, no MSN and no blogging. Ohhh.......susah kan? And replace all those HOURS spent on the Internet to do something better - to pray for Malaysia.


So....
I'm praying for my country.
Are you?

No comments: