Monday, August 4, 2014

Party Don't Stop, Won't Stop





Chain Necklace: H&M
Band Tee: Was meant for my younger brother but obviously too small for him so I declared it mine.
Skirt: Bershka
Boots: H&M
Lipstick: Revlon ColorStay in Red Velvet

I wore this outfit yesterday evening for a dinner with my family and later on, a reunion with the girls I met from GB. Regarding this outfit, I was pretty lazy to dress up but I still wanted to look good. I like this band tee not because I like the band. I don't like this band cos it's death metal all the way with loads of screaming. Not my cuppa tea but I liked it cos it's comfortable. At least I'm not ignorant of who this band is okay? So anyway, I decided to pair this with this skirt cos I wanted to be comfortable (I'm all about comfort baby!). To tie everything together, wear it with confidence. 

This year, especially after my operation, I decided to make it a point to celebrate my birthday as the past years, I didn't really do anything special for myself. I realized I needed to make some memories. No, I did not celebrate it lavishly and going to some popular bar to celebrate it, I wanted to celebrate it with people who means a lot to me. I had an awesome home cooked meal with my family along with a good wine and then watched Guardians of the Galaxy with my House Group members (pretty much my extended family members) and sister. It was awesome really. And last night, apart from having a catch up session, they decided to celebrate my birthday too! We had cake and they gave me a card! I was so happy! I loved the content of the card. Despite not keeping in touch for a really long time, we still click and when we were chatting, it's as though none of us ever changed. You know you're in good company when you can strike up a great conversation even though you were apart for a really long time. You also know that they're the real deal. I like that and I thank God that He has place people like this in my life! Our conversation included our fetishes, current issues (we're serious like that), spiritual development and career paths and so on. 


That's me and mah cake. Half of it is carrot cake and half of it is cheese cake with an Oreo base. Topped with Greek yoghurt, kiwi and walnut! Yumm....


The birthday card. One of them is a graphic designer and this is her font. Simple but tasteful!


And this is us! Viva la Girls' Brigade!

No comments: