Friday, August 6, 2010

Understanding Christine 101

The thing about me is.....I like to avoid problems. Because I think my life is already so complicated just as it is, I try to minimize the problems I encounter. Things that are worth complicating my life with, I will try to endure it. Things that are not worth even one second of my life, I'll just brush it off.


I'm a funny little thing back in school. Most girls would enjoy getting into fights. This girl doesn't like this girl and a huge he-said-she-said going on. Even though they look angry and say 'I hate her and why does this have to happen to me?!!', trust me, they enjoy every bit of publicity they get - even if it's bad publicity. As for me, I didn't wana trouble myself too much. Cos I acknowledge that my life is complicated enough that I know better than to get myself involved in a cat fight. It's just a waste of my time and my life. For a teenager I'm kinda matured compared to most. I have no idea why. Even I myself find myself weird. Thankfully, in most areas, I'm like any other normal teenager. Back then I was involved with lots of stuff. I had my studies to worry about. Church organizations, school activities. Thank God I wasn't in a relationship! The most memorable thing I did in my school life is struggling with the band accounts. Haha...all those paperworks and leadership roles I took is really challenging and I wondered how I got by. Seriously. Sad to say, I didn't do a very good job but I saw my flaws and hopefully in the future I am able to be better.


Now do you see why I don't like being involved in drama. With all those things going on, how can I possibly care bout petty things?? It just adds to the stress that I'm already under. I remember one time, a girl didn't like me because I was friends with her enemy. (Stupid right?) She said some really insulting things to my friend outside the toilet and me being me, I defended my friend lar. Start la ya....she wanted to 'wage war' with me. And I was like 'GREAT' *rolls eyes*. When I was nearby her, I can hear her talking bad bout me but I just ignored her. Say what she want lah, I've got no time for this. I was not going to give her the satisfaction of a reaction. She was like a dog barking at a tree. Do you know how satisfying that was? VERY! The opposite of love is not hate but not to care because when you hate, you still care to hurl insults at the person you hate. When you don't care, you don't acknowledge their existence at all. So which one is meaner? I'd say the latter.


I'm surprised that even after secondary school, she still detest me. While I totally forgot bout it. I do remember at times but thought how stupid it was. I mean, come on! After secondary school?? Really?? I've put that past behind me and there are more bitter memories than that like being ignored in class in Form 5 when it should be the time of my life. I'd say that is worse than being hated by someone I barely even know.


So...this is something about me. Hopefully it is interesting. I'm not like most girls and I hope to stay that way and keep my uniqueness. I won't lie to you, sometimes I do wish I am like any other girl but I understand the importance of making the right choices and I never regret any of the choices that I've made. Doesn't mean I never screw up either cos that's for me to know and for you to find out! ;-)

No comments: