Monday, January 11, 2010

Time To Go~~~

Hey guys!

I know you've all heard about the attacks on churches last Friday and I do believe it is a detestable one but I shall respond in grace. For I do believe REAL Muslims aren't like that. Am I right my Muslim friends? They are just a bunch of people who do not read or know of the Quran. And instead of protesting in peace, they protest in violence. Islam is a religion of peace. The group of imbeciles who threw molotov cocktail have just contradicted what they believe in and shamed their own people and religion.

But us Christians, we forgive you. For you do not know the basis of your actions.

Today, after much talk with my brother regarding his future, you know....which College/Uni he should go to since he recently finished his SPM. It reminded me that the time has come for me to apply for scholarships too. I was so fired up to apply for a scholarship last year but most were not open for application yet. Most of em open their applications around this time. Now that the time has come, it's like....wow, I'm applying for a scholarship! And to think that when I got my SPM results, I wasn't ready to leave Kuching yet. My results weren't that good either..

So I guess I shouldn't let go of the oppourtunity. My Foundation results are good. 3.5 for my first semester and 3.21 for my second semester. Though I didn't get all HDs, I'm proud of my achievement. It's better than any of my academic achievements in my whole life! I guess you'd say I shouldn't pass the opportunity to apply for a scholarship right? So I'ma gather up my gutts to apply for one.

And they asked whether I wana study in Malaysian Universities or Overseas....

I decided overseas.

=)

I have absolutely no experience living in a foreign place without my family. I am used to being apart from them though. But for a long time? I really have no idea how I will respond to that. Maybe for now I won't feel anything. But maybe when I get there I will. Perhaps it will make me appreciate my family more and not take them for granted.

Overseas....which country? I hate being cold cos my hands would freeze. So I decided that ANY country that snows is out of my list. =P Meaning US, UK and China. Which leaves Australia, Thailand and Indonesia. It is tempting to go to Thailand and Indonesia but I have to remind myself that this isn't a vacation. Hahaha..... That's when I decided Australia it is. Besides, it's a little closer to home. Geographically only....it's not like I can go home frequently...=( And it is also the end of the boyfriend.....I can't stand long distance relationships. Neither can he. And that IS the hardest to let go of.

This is a big step for me. And I am wondering whether this is God's will. But I will try applying for it. I'm sure if I leave it in His hands, He will take care of it.

No comments: