Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Who Needs a Title?

I've not been updating much. My apologies. I don't know why am I apologizing. I doubt it if I have that many readers anyway. But for those who have been faithfully reading my blog, I thank you very much. My recent commenter just makes me feel as though my thoughts are being heard. Thank you haiziyu. =) Whoever you are.....


My not updating has nothing to do with the dress that I said I'd be working on as mentioned in my previous post. For I've not even started sewing. Still trying to figure out how to make it. That's why. But the real reason has to be that I'm just too plain lazy to get to the PC. I've got bored of it already. And kinda sick of being on the PC for long hours once I start. I'm gonna start Uni soon so I'd better kick off that addiction.


Last night, some car passed by my house. Not just any car but a car that pasang loud music. No, it's not the sickening ah beng techno song but it's an old song. I wasn't irritated but I am in awe of the person. I usually get irritated and usually curse the car that plays those ah beng techno songs that sounds more like rubbish to me. And I don't think it's cool. But this car...... I salute him!! I find it cool somehow. It's cool cos it's out of the norm.


And yesterday, I am proud to announce that my mom bought me a copy of Joshua Harris' I Kissed Dating Goodbye. I've been wanting to get the book for years! Since I was like....Form 2! Cos I was so in need to know the principles in a relationship.




Okay, the title is not really what it's all about. It's not to discourage dating. The author called it that cos he took a break from dating to find out what God has to say about relationships. And, he stressed many times in his book that the joy of intimacy is the reward for commitment. This book was an answer to all my questions all these while! It really addresses the issues in dating. In our culture today, people often have a relationship based on physical attraction and romantic feelings without commitment. When referring to physical attraction, we don't just mean sex, we do mean appearance as well. Commitment should be the goal in a relationship. And commitment must come first then the romance. Really interesting facts eh?


I've seen my friends who are in relationships over and over again. And I often ask myself, what's the point of the relationship when you keep ending up hurt and disappointed? If it's such a burden to you, why do you even have one? Some even spend so much time with their boyfriends that I get neglected and I just don't want to hang out with them cos they're not who we knew anymore. And when they broke off, they come to realize that they've got no friends. They didn't maintain the friendships around them. Most of all, I can honestly tell you that my friends who have boyfriends, don't have a chance to know themselves. They don't know what they're capable of, what they like and all sorts of things about themselves. They missed out on that. They really did.


Singleness is a gift from God. And there's a time to be single and a time to be in a relationship and a time to get married. The time to be single is God's gift for us to help us know ourselves and what we're capable of. And most teenagers don't know that. Well, not that I knew this before but one of the reasons for me to be single is that I have so many questions that needs answers and I'm constantly looking, constantly trying to find answers. And what I got was I got to know myself and did things that I never thought that I would do.


This book really helped me to understand what God has to say about relationships. And it really changes my perspective of it. It makes me wana make my relationship very pure. Because pureness is a good thing. Something that not many people can attain. It's really a paradigm shift. I've made my decision to put dating on hold for now because there are some thoughts about relationships that I need to change. I cannot rely on romantic feelings and such for if I do, the relationship will only last as long as the feelings do. I need to know how to make commitments first before the romance. And I tell you, that's hard! Cos the world's telling you a different thing. And friends would encourage otherwise.


And I got Hillsongs Kids! Haha!! But not bad you know... It's for Aunty Adeline's son.

No comments: